Release Notes 4.5.4
Sitevision 4.5.4 contains various improvements and bug fixes as well as new additions to Sitevision's API.
Breaking change notice
Files uploaded to Web/RESTApps are no longer exposed as java.io.File. Instead, files on the request are exposed as the new node type sv:temporaryFile. Please be aware that apps using file uploads need to be modified and treat uploaded files as sv:temporaryFile-nodes.
Sitevision's Public API (FileUtil, ImageUtil, JSONRequester) have introduced new methods that will come in handy when working with sv:temporaryFile-nodes. Read more about the new methods in the release notes section.
This little tutorial might also be useful on how to handle file uploads in a WebApp.
Future client scripting breaking change notice
- [SV-26353] New node type - sv:temporaryFile (mainly used to represent uploaded files in Web/RESTApps)
- Support for sv:temporaryFile has been added to FileUtil.getContentAsString
- New methods to work with sv:temporaryFile-nodes have been added to FileUtil as well as ImageUtil
- [SV-26287] FileUtil - New methods to create and update files using Base64 encoded strings
- [SV-26287] ImageUtil - New methods to create and update images using Base64 encoded strings
- [SV-26427] JsonRequester - Support for multipart requests
- [SV-26657] WebContentUtil - Inconsistent output when creating unordered lists
See the Public API Change Log for full details
- [SV-26354] A failed login attempt should result in a 401 status code
- [SV-26392] Comments PUT endpoint does not format mentions or tags
- [SV-26228] Uploaded files are exposed as java.io.File
- Uploaded files are now exposed as the new node type - sv:temporaryFile
undefined-objects from scripting contexts should be treated as
nullin java context
req.paramsare not parsed properly for multipart requests
Do you want to subscribe to News from Sitevision Developer team? Subscribe here!